Wide choice of properties to let

Whether you are searching for a house, bungalow or apartment, our property search system makes it easy to find a let which suits your requirements

Friendly, dedicated, professional.

We are here to provide you with expert advice and support you at all times.

Yendor Homes Lettings can help you find:

  • Local council tax band costs
  • Catchment areas for local schools and their OFSTED ratings
  • Local transport links
  • Amenities including supermarkets, banks, gyms and more
  • Community news and knowedge

Flexible Viewings

Booking a viewing is simple and can be done anytime online or over the phone. We’ll work around you in order to agree a suitable time.

Maintaining High Standard Accommodation

We provide quality accommodation and ensure compliance with all latest legislation, regularly inspecting properties.

Renting Terms and Conditions

Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year): Four weeks' rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.

Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent of £50,000 or over per year): Six weeks' rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy. 

Unpaid Rent: Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.

Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s): Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour.  This is charged for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).

Variation of Contract (Tenant's Request): per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord's instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.

Change of Sharer (Tenant's Request):£50 per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord's instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.

If you any questions on our fees, lets connect via our live online chat, sending us a message or by calling us on 01236 316004.

Call Yendor Homes 01236 316004

Frequently Asked Questions

What references do you require?

We will ask for your address history for the last three years and complete a credit check on each individual tenant. We will also require a reference from your existing landlord or letting agent (if you are currently renting).  Additionally, a written reference from your employer is required. If you are self-employed, we will ask for an accountant’s reference and most recent set of submitted accounts.

What is a 'Private Residential Tenancy 'agreement?

The Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016 commenced on 1 December 2017 and introduced the new 'private residential tenancy'. The purpose of which is to improve security, stability and predictability for you as a tenant.  It also provide safeguards for landlords, lenders and investors. The tenancy is open-ended and will last until you wish to leave the let property or your landlord uses one (or more) of 18 grounds for eviction.

How often will the property be inspected?

We have an obligation to conduct regular inspections of all tenanted accommodation. This is to ensure the property is not in need of repair and that you are looking after the property. We can discuss any problems you may be experiencing. 

You will be given notification when an inspection is due to be conducted.

What happens if there is a maintenance issue?

In the event of maintenance being required please report any issues via telephone, email or by using our app (available on both Android and Apple iOS by clicking here).

Please ensure your report is made at the earliest possible opportunity in order to minimise any problem that could subsequently arise. Tradespersons will be alerted by the Yendor Homes and dependent upon the nature and urgency of the task will respond accordingly. Simple precautionary procedures should then be taken by the tenant to prevent any additional problem arising.  For example, these could include turning off water at the stopcock or isolating electric/gas supplies at the mains where required.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Can I have a pet?

You cannot have any pets unless you have permission from the landlord/ourselves in writing. You must consult us prior to obtaining a pet and submit a written request to have a pet stating age/type/breed.

Do I need insurance?

We strongly recommend this.  You should consider taking out contents insurance as minimum to cover accidental damage to the Landlord’s contents, buildings, fixtures and fittings. The landlord is responsible for insuring the building.

What deposit is required and how will I get it back?

The deposit is usually equal to 4 weeks rent and will be held throughout the tenancy in a government approved deposit scheme.  It will be returned at the end of the tenancy subject to the property being left in a good condition.  The landlord may choose to file a claim for damages beyond fair wear and tear.

How is the rent paid?

As a tenant you are responsible for ensuring the rent is paid in full and on time. We have facilities to enable you to establish a standing order which will mean payments are paid directly from your bank to our designated account.  You will need to cancel the standing order before leaving the property. 

Who is responsible for Council Tax and other bills?

Utility bills, including Council Tax is your responsibility unless stated otherwise in the tenancy agreement. You will need to choose your supplier upon moving in and ensure accounts are closed when you vacate.

How much do I need to pay to reserve a property?

As per Scottish legislation, there is no charge applicable for reserving a property.

Receive a notification as soon as a property of interest comes onto the market

Set up Alerts

Sign up to our Mailing List to be notified of latest offers and news.


Tenant Services Kilysth & Central Scotland

Renting your property has never been easier. Yendor Homes is central Scotland's leading estate agent, providing tenants with a wide range of properties to let and letting services that are tailored for each individual tenant.

Contact us today by giving or a call or sending an enquiry form on this page. 

This website uses cookies. We use cookies to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic.
You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. Read our cookie policy. I understand